Business Health Trust is your source for employee benefits, a resource for small employers, and your partner. “Business Health Trust is so much more than just a provider of benefits,” member Mary Byrne with Total Property Services says in the above video. “They are a PARTNER in our success. At the onset of COVID closures Read post
Small Business Health Insurance in Washington
Affordable health insurance for small businesses in Washington State
Premera Blue Cross medical plans are offered to employers with 5 or more enrolled employees through targeted Industry Health Trusts for companies in the following industries: Aerospace, Healthcare, Media, Tourism, Transportation & Maritime, Agriculture, Business Services, Community Service Orgs, Construction & Real Estate, End-Line Manufacturing, Information Technology, Retail, and Wholesaling.
- Highly competitive group rates
- 17 different medical plan designs
- Prescription drug coverage included in all plans
- Flexible product offerings with deductibles that range from $200-$5,000
- Option of HSA and non-HSA plans
- Bundled with Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Life/AD&D insurance, with opportunities to add additional insurance products including Dental, Vision, additional Life/AD&D, Voluntary Life, and Personal Accident Insurance
- Includes virtual care options
Kaiser Permanente medical plans are offered to employers with up to 50 employees, offering scalable, competitive benefits for even the smallest companies.
- Choice of four Kaiser provider networks: Core, Access PPO, Connect and Elect PPO. The difference between HMO and PPO
- Choice of four plan tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum
- Option of HSA and non-HSA plans
- All plans include pharmacy benefits and deductible options from $250-$6,000
- Virtual care plans available
- Opportunities to add additional insurance products including Dental, Vision, Basic Life/AD&D, Voluntary Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Personal Accident Insurance
We help you create a benefits program that attracts talent and keeps your employees healthy and productive – at a budget you can afford.
When you partner with Business Health Trust you get:
- Exclusive choices from major carriers – from FSA to PPO
- A wealth of cost savings opportunities
- Access to policy advocacy, community connections, and business resources
- And comprehensive plan administration, so you can focus on what’s important – your business
Other Benefits and Cost Savings
In addition to quality medical and other insurance benefits, Business Health Trust members can access a wide variety of additional services, resources and savings. Here are just a few:
- On-demand virtual care that allows members to get care at their convenience without a visit to the doctor’s office
- 24-hour nurse line at no additional cost, confidential health advice from a registered nurse
- Passport Corporate employee discount program at no additional cost
- Wellness resources including a monthly Healthy Living with Business Health Trust e-newsletter
- Cost-savings for your business through our Plan Sponsor’s Member Savings Toolkit including:
- Discounts of 10% to 55% percent on common office expenses
- Savings on business services such as human resources, high-speed internet & phone, and email marketing tools
- Discounts up to 50% on retail ORCA passes for employees
- Reduced venue rentals at the Seattle Metro Chamber Microsoft Events Center
Consolidated Administration & Customer Support
Based in Seattle, Business Health Trust is an Association Health Plan that offers comprehensive plan administration, so you can focus on what’s important: your business. For ultimate convenience, we offer consolidated billing, online payment, and online access to benefits for easy enrollment throughout the year. COBRA administration is available at no additional cost, and all plan documents and forms are quickly accessible online. But we know there’s no substitute for a real person. When you need help, our knowledgeable, friendly, local staff is happy to lend a hand.
Who is Eligible?
Washington companies with two or more enrolled employees are eligible to participate in the Business Health Trust benefit program. Participation requires membership with the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce or one of our partner organizations: Bellingham Regional Chamber of Commerce, Economic Alliance Snohomish County, Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce, Thurston County Chamber of Commerce, Greater Yakima Chamber of Commerce, OneRedmond, Bellevue Chamber and Archbright. Your membership in any of the above organizations automatically qualifies you for one of our 13 industry group health plan association memberships (at no additional cost), and all the advocacy, resources and savings that go along with it.
Our member employers rely on us to provide them with access to health insurance and other benefits to attract talent and keep employees healthy and productive, as well as resources and information to maintain the health of their employees and their business. Our role as a small business partner and resource has never been more important than during this past year as we helped hundreds of businesses navigate our state’s response to the pandemic. Here are a few ways we’ve supported our members this past year:
In a response to a shortage of vaccine locations, BHT has partnered with QFC and Fred Meyer grocery stores to organize two vaccine sites, (including recruiting volunteers) in White Center and Bellevue – with more to come. Vaccines will be given to those in the community and who qualify under the Washington Department of Health’s phased approach.
When small businesses were struggling to reopen amid a shortage of masks, hand sanitizer and other PPE, we distributed Safe Start Supply Kits to more than 500 small businesses in King County, and 000 businesses statewide to ensure they had the supplies they needed to reopen safely. This effort was covered The Stranger and KOMO News.
We led the #WeGotThisWA Webinar Series focused on helping Washington employers and employees get answers to their most urgent questions about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the state’s response.
When the pandemic first hit, we sourced the most commonly needed PPE from our member companies throughout Washington, and created our Supply Resource Guide.
We worked with our partner Archbright to provide resources and information such as an HR toolkit with sample policies to use as they adjusted to the challenges of keeping their small businesses operational and their employees safe during the pandemic.
We partnered with our members in the fitness and wellness industries to bring free and low-cost virtual lunch-time classes to our members every Wednesday through December 2020.
In the fall, to promote the importance of the flu shot, we created the “Make it Your Business to Fight the Flu” campaign and employer tool kit to help our members promote the importance of the flu shot, and to let their employees know it was covered by their insurance.
Visit our COVID-19 Resources page for more information.
Hear What Our Members are Saying
Business Health Trust has gone above and beyond during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. I’ve really appreciated their leadership role in the #WeGotThisWA Webinar Series and their proactive approach to supporting not only the health of my employees, but also my business during this crisis.”
– Megan Aukema, Principal, Aukema & Associates
“In normal times – and especially during this pandemic – Business Health Trust goes above and beyond by providing me and my company with a wealth of helpful and timely information, providing access to needed resources (we just ordered masks and are in the process of scheduling a free sanitization of our office), and continually advocating so well on our behalf at the local, state, and national level.”
– Eric Sanders, CFO, Humanities Washington
“Business Health Trust really helped out my taxicab business during this stressful period. When we could not find gloves or disinfectants, they provided both. They have helped keep me, my taxi drivers and our passengers safe during this pandemic and helped us to continue to help our community.”
– Chris Anderson, Owner, Mason County Taxi
“I ended up with Business Health Trust because they were in the top three options for my employee benefits program. What I didn’t realize was the benefits of being part of the group. When COVID-19 hit, they stepped to the plate with resources for us. Not just emails (I get hundreds of those from 20+ organizations) – real resources.”
– Melanie Bakala, State Farm Insurance Agent