Many recreational activities have already reopened as we begin Phase 1 of Washington state’s plan to lift the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order on May 31. But even as we’re better able to get outside and enjoy the spring weather, social distancing means many of us will continue to connect virtually with colleagues, family and friends.
In the meantime, that is also the best way to communicate with your health care providers for non-emergency care, especially if you think you may have been infected with coronavirus (COVID-19).
For Business Health Trust members enrolled in Premera Blue Cross, the telehealth options available are better than ever to help accommodate increased demand and to help members access the specialized care they need.
As always, members have virtual care access to:
- 24-Hour NurseLine, accessible at no charge; phone number is listed on the back of members’ Premera Blue Cross ID card
- Teladoc® – Talk to a board-certified doctor via phone, video or mobile app
- Talkspace – Online behavioral therapy with a licensed clinician via private message and live video
Premera also has announced a temporary enhancement of in-network virtual providers that goes beyond primary health care to include additional options for mental health and substance use disorder. New providers include:
- 98point6 – On-demand, text-based primary care
- Doctor On Demand – Video-based primary care and mental health therapy
- Boulder Care – Video-based treatment for opioid use disorder
- Workit Health – Video-based treatment for alcohol use disorder
Member cost shares are waived for all telehealth services. Access to these new providers and the waiving of member costs shares are available through December 31, 2020.
If you are not yet a member of Business Health Trust and would like to learn more, please fill out our Request a Quote form or read more about the resources and services available to members during the COVID-19 pandemic in the article “What Does Your Health Insurance Do For You?”
Note: This article was updated on May 29, 2020, to update a change in the telehealth expansion from June 30, 2020, to December 31, 2020.