Want a healthier smile AND better overall health? Kicking your smoking habit is a great start.
Quitting your smoking habit is a great start to enjoying a lifetime of good oral and overall health.
How quitting benefits your body:
- 20 minutes later, your heart rate drops
- 1 year later, you’ve cut your added risk for heart disease in half
- 10 years later, your oral cancer risk is almost the same as a non-smoker
How quitting benefits your smile:
- Fresher breath
- Whiter, less sensitive teeth
- Lower risk of gum disease and oral cancer
Giving up an addiction can be challenging, but you don’t have to do it alone. Discuss smoking cessation options with your doctor or dentist. They’ll help get you on the path to a lifelong, healthy you.
View your dental coverage and find an in-network dentist near you with MySmile®. Register now
* Delta Dental of Washington, 2018