Join the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce to learn more the fast-growing life sciences industry, currently represented by more than 1,100 life science organizations located in 110 cities spanning Washington, with the sector adding new life science firms at the rate of about 80 per year.
- Event: Executive Speaker Serires on Life Sciences
- Date: Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Time: noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Location: Microsoft Events Center at the Seattle Metro Chamber, 1301 Fifth Ave., Ste. 1500, Seattle, WA, 98101 (Get Directions)
- Cost: $45 pre-paid ($55 as of 11/27) for members; $70 pre-paid ($110 as of 11/27) for non-members
- Questions: Contact Hannah Holman at 206-389-7216
Did you know?
- Life science employment jumped around 15 percent in Seattle from 2014-2017, and life sciences employment statewide has grown to more than 90,000 jobs.
- The life sciences industry represented $22.7 billion in total economic activity and contributed $11.5 billion in value-added activity to the state’s gross domestic product in 2017.
- In 2017, the Seattle area took in $577 million in venture capital for life sciences endeavors.
A panel of experts will discuss the opportunities for our region to capitalize on in this flourishing sector, as well as the challenges that lie ahead, including workforce shortages and state funding.
About the Executive Speaker Series
The monthly Executive Speaker Series events each focus on a unique industry and feature top business leaders who discuss the successes, challenges, and opportunities facing their sector.
The Seattle Chamber is the plan sponsor of Business Health Trust.