Join the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber at its May Lunch & Learn on Inclusivity and Diversity in the Workplace. With an attendance size of 25-45 people, this lunch offers a great personal and social experience. Cost includes lunch.
- Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- Time: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Location: West of the Waterway
- Address: 1901 Dock Street, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Members: $25
- Non-Member: $30
- Questions: Contact Alison Bryan, Events Planner, at 253.683.4881
This month’s speaker is Nic Townsend-Falck, who joined the Doty Group in 2016 after graduating from Pacific Lutheran University with a degree in Business Administration. He founded a non-profit that mentors up-and-coming artists and currently serves as the Director of Community Leadership Workshops for Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership. Nic is an active member with the Ambassador Club of the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce. During this workshop, Nic will focus on:
- Developing a working vocabulary of preferable language surrounding marginalized identities
- Identify resources to better understand state and federal policies and laws designed to protect people with marginalized identities
- Encourage an appreciation for diversity among coworkers and learn about efforts to create more inclusive workplaces
- Recognize personal implicit/unintentional biases and the impact they could have in the workplace
Nic will reinforce all of these learnings with an activity titled, “Trusted Ten,” an exercise that will get us to think about our workplace and the diverse groups of people one works with.
The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber is an association partner of the Business Health Trust.